Earn your Hemodialysis Technician Certificate from Platt College in as little as 20 to 26 weeks!
The Hemodialysis Technician Program at the Platt School of Medical Sciences is a comprehensive program designed to prepare students, through lecture and hands-on training, for entry level employment in a dialysis unit. The program consists of 120 hours of lecture and laboratory plus 200 hours of externship training. Clinical assignments are in local hospitals and dialysis centers under the supervision of an experienced hemodialysis nurse.
Students will learn:
- Principles of renal failure and dialysis
- Role of the hemodialysis technician in a dialysis unit
- Operation of dialysis devices
- Universal Precautions/Asepsis and Aseptic Technique
- Anatomy And Physiology of the Renal System
- Pre Dialysis Patient Preparation
- Preparing dialysis equipment
- Monitoring treatment
- Other related topics of dialysis, patient care and treatment
A certificate of completion is awarded to students who successfully complete the course. The graduates will also be prepared to sit for the national certification examination for dialysis technicians.
Available at these Platt College campuses
The Hemodialysis Technician program is available at the following Platt College campuses:
What Our Graduates Say
Coming to Platt was important to me because it has helped me attain the necessary skills and experience I needed to be more marketable in the medical field.
What I liked best about attending Platt was the small class sizes. The instructors are able to give each student the attention needed to succeed. Every instructor I had at Platt was helpful and very understanding about the demands put on students in accelerated classes. I enjoyed attending Platt.