Medical Administrative Specialist
Enter the fast-growing health care field as a Medical Administrative Specialist
Platt College’s Medical Administrative Specialist program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field. You can earn your Associates degree in as little as 15 months!
Medical Administrative Specialists are an essential part of the health-care office. Medical Administrative Specialists perform a variety of tasks necessary to running a smooth, effective medical office. These individuals focus on many administrative procedures.
Skills learned in the program include:
- Medical billing and coding, including DRG coding and billing for hospitals, managed care and private plans, state and government plans
- Patient scheduling
- Medical transcription
- Office finance, including accounts payable and office bookkeeping
- Computer skills
Platt College’s Medical Assisting program is right for you
- Earn your Associates degree, not just a certificate
- Convenient morning and evening class schedules- so you can continue to work while you earn your degree
- Accredited by ACCSC
- Full-time career services staff and a clinical externship coordinator
- Financial Aid is available to qualified students
Available at these Platt College campuses
The Medical Administrative Specialist Associates program is available at the following Platt College campuses:
Serving Southern California for over 25 years
Serving the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire areas for over 25 years, Platt College’s School of Medical Sciences offers degree programs to train graduates to meet today’s health care needs. Programs include: Respiratory Therapy, Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound), Medical Assisting, Medical Administrative Specialist, Health Care Leadership.
Platt College is accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Full-time Career Services staff
- Financial aid is available for qualified individuals
- Accessible campus locations with onsite free parking
- Morning and evening class schedules
For required program disclosure information please visit: www.plattcollege.edu/consumerinfo