Associates Degree in
Earn your Associates degree in Medical Assisting
Platt College’s Medical Assisting program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field. You can earn your Associates degree in as little as 15 months!
Medical Assistants are multi-talented Health Care industry professionals skilled in performing routine clinical and administrative procedures for physician’s offices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, and other health care facilities.
In a typical day as a Medical Assistant, you might:
- Take and read vital signs
- Perform venipuncture (blood draw)
- Administer injections
- Prepare patients to be seen by a physician
- Perform diagnostic procedures
- Perform basic lab procedures
- Update and maintain patient charts and medical records
- Take patient histories
- Schedule appointments
- Assist in cast application and removal
Platt College’s Medical Assisting program is right for you
- Earn your Associates degree, not just a certificate
- Complete a clinical externship as part of your education to help you gain practical experience
- Graduates are eligible to earn their national certification in Medical Assisting from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)- graduates receive free tutoring session and first exam fee (up to $200 value!)
- Convenient morning and evening class schedules- so you can continue to work while you earn your degree
- Accredited by ACCSC
- Full-time career services staff and a clinical externship coordinator
- Financial Aid is available to qualified students
Available at these Platt College campuses
The Associates program in Medical Assisting is available at the following Platt College campuses:
Serving Southern California for over 25 years
Serving the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire areas for over 25 years, Platt College’s School of Medical Sciences offers degree programs to train graduates to meet today’s health care needs. Programs include: Respiratory Therapy, Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound), Medical Assisting, Medical Administrative Specialist, Health Care Leadership.
Platt College is accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Full-time Career Services staff
- Financial aid is available for qualified individuals
- Accessible campus locations with onsite free parking
- Morning and evening class schedules
For required program disclosure information please visit: www.plattcollege.edu/consumerinfo