The knowledge, skills and physical abilities required to safely and efficiently practice respiratory care is complex.
A Respiratory Care Practitioner must possess the following abilities in order to safely practice in the field of Respiratory Therapy. Successful program completion is, in part, dependent upon the students’ ability to meet the physical, cognitive and behavioral demands represented by these standards. We ask that you review these standards when making your decision to become a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
A Respiratory Care Practitioner must possess the following abilities in order to safely practice in the field of Respiratory Therapy.
Cognitive & Behavioral Standards
- Accept and apply constructive criticism
- Adhere to institutional and programmatic policies
- Apply theory to clinical practice Exhibit the social skills necessary to interact professionally, respectfully and effectively with patients, families, supervisors, and co-workers of the same or different cultures as a health care team member Maintain personal hygiene consistent with close personal contact associated with patient care
- Calculate, analyze, interpret and record numbers and physical data accurately Demonstrate self-direction and independent responsibility
- Display attitudes/actions consistent with the ethical standards of the profession Display empathy for patients
- Exhibit social skills necessary to interact effectively with patients, families, supervisors, and co-workers of the same or different cultures such as respect, politeness, tact, collaboration, teamwork, discretion
To our graduating class and faculty!
Platt College is proud to announce that our initial graduating class of Respiratory Therapy students achieved a 100% pass rate on their CRT examinations. Congratulations to our RT graduates and faculty!
Platt College Ontario’s program director Robert Wandel has been practicing and teaching in the Respiratory Therapy field for over 30 years.
What Our Graduates Say
Coming to Platt was important to me because it has helped me attain the necessary skills and experience I needed to be more marketable in the medical field.
What I liked best about attending Platt was the small class sizes. The instructors are able to give each student the attention needed to succeed. Every instructor I had at Platt was helpful and very understanding about the demands put on students in accelerated classes. I enjoyed attending Platt.