The Veterinary Technology Program at the Platt School of Medical Sciences is specifically designed to provide in-depth study and training necessary to gain entry-level employment in animal health care.
- Available at all campuses and through Distance Education
- Accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Hands-on learning and clinical experience
- Preparation and eligibility for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE)
- Convenient class schedules
- Full-time on-site career services
- Financial aid is available to qualified students
Overview & Accreditation
The Veterinary Technology program at Platt College is designed to provide the in-depth knowledge and training necessary to gain entry-level employment in animal health care.
Veterinary Technicians assist Veterinarians in providing medical care to animals. The Veterinary Technician is a vital part of the animal-care team, performing critical tasks that assist in diagnosis and treatment. Samples duties include:
- Recording patient histories
- Preparing the patient for examination or surgery
- Providing vaccinations
- Administering medications
- Taking vital signs and blood samples
- Preparing tissue samples
- Expose and develop radiographs and assist with ultrasounds
- Performing laboratory procedures such as urinalysis and blood counts and taking blood samples
- Assisting in surgery
- Providing and assisting with anesthesia
- Providing post-operative care and nursing care to sick and injured animals
GRADUATION FROM THE PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY INTO ANY CAREER. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON AN INDIVIDUAL’S PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Platt College’s School of Medical Sciences Veterinary Technology Associate of Science degree in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside, and Anaheim are fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Upon completion of Platt College’s Veterinary Technology program, graduates of the program are awarded a Veterinary Technology Associate of Science degree.
Platt College Los Angeles LLC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information, click HERE
With convenient class schedules, you can earn your Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology in as little as 19-months!
Start times for each Veterinary Technology cohort vary by campus, contact us for details HERE
Platt College is committed to providing the information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success. Types of financial aid available for qualified students include:
- Federal Grants, including Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Work Study (FWS)
- California State Grant Programs, including Cal Grants and California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
- Federal Direct loans
- Private Loans & Scholarships
To learn more, click here: https://plattcollege.edu/financial-aid/
Platt College maintains an active career services department to assist graduates as well as current students seeking part-time or full-time jobs while attending school. However, the school cannot guarantee employment.
Students are given the opportunity to pursue job referrals maintained by Career Services.
Our Career Services personnel explain and assist with our student’s job search process. Placement efforts occur through graduation and beyond.
Career Services aims to build the job acquiring skills of our students through interviews and workshops in the following areas:
- Career planning
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Completing applications
- Researching and contacting potential employers
Additional Program Information
Platt College’s Veterinary Programs are accredited by the AVMA Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA)
Veterinary Technology Passage Rates Statement
The links below provide VTNE passage rate data for each campus
VTNE Passage Rates – Alhambra Campus
VTNE Passage Rates – Anaheim Campus
VTNE Passage Rates – Ontario Campus
Our Other Programs
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Platt College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue careers in Sonography, a dynamic specialty…Learn More
Platt College’s Respiratory Therapy program prepares graduates to pursue careers in Respiratory Therapy, a dynamic specialty area in the rapidly-expanding…Learn More
Occupational Therapy Assistant
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program at Platt College is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level employment in their chosen…Learn More
Platt College’s Medical Assisting program prepares graduates for entry-level employment in the healthcare industry as a Medical Assistant.Learn More