Disability Services

In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), it is Platt College’s policy that no qualified individual with a disability shall, on the basis of disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity which receives federal financial assistance.  Section 504 defines a “qualified individual with a disability” as an individual with a disability who meets the academic and technical standards requisite for admission or participation in the recipient’s program or activity.

Platt College will provide academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services (collectively, “academic accommodations”) to ensure that it does not discriminate on the basis of disability.

Academic accommodations are determined based on the student’s disability and individual needs.  Academic accommodations may include modifications to academic requirements that are necessary to ensure that students with disability are provided an equal educational opportunity.

Platt College will not ask applicants or current students if they have a disability.  The disclosure of a disability is voluntary on the part of the student.

Section 504 and the ADA also prohibit harassment based on disability that creates a hostile environment by interfering with or denying an individual’s ability to participate in or benefit from a program, service, or activity. Platt College will promptly investigate any allegations of a hostile environment based on disability, take prompt and effective action to end the harassment and prevent it from recurring, and where appropriate, remedy the effects on the individual who was harassed. Individuals may file a complaint of disability harassment by using the grievance procedure detailed in the college catalog.

The Campus Academic Dean is the designated Campus Disability Coordinator. To request academic accommodations, a student with a disability must contact the Campus Disability Coordinator. All requests for academic accommodations must be made to the Campus Disability Coordinator. Once notified, the Campus Disability Coordinator and the student will promptly discuss the appropriate documentation needed to establish the student’s disability and the need for academic accommodations.

Request for Accommodations Form – Alhambra
Request for Accommodations Form – Anaheim
Request for Accommodations Form – Ontario
Request for Accommodations Form – Riverside

It's All About Your Future!