Credit Transfer Policy
Transferring Credits to Platt College
The Dean of Academics evaluates transcripts from other institutions and determines the transferability of credits into Platt College degree programs. Following is a list of conditions that must be met before granting transfer credits:
- The courses were completed at an accredited college or university.
- The courses are equivalent in content and number of credit hours to those offered by Platt College.
- The courses considered for transfer are at the appropriate college year.
- Freshman or sophomore year courses may be considered for waiver of Platt College Associate Degree level courses, only
- Junior or senior level courses may be considered for waiver of Platt College Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree level courses
- At no time may one transferred course be used to waive more than one Platt College course
- The student achieved a minimum grade of “C” or 2.0 for the courses considered for transfer.
- To be accepted as waiver of Platt College courses, a student must submit official transcripts for transfer credit consideration; without receipt of official transcripts, Platt College will not issue Transfer Credit for any of its courses.
- Students wishing to transfer credits into Platt College for any program must deliver an official transcript to the Dean of Academics, or designee, within the first thirty (30) days from the day they start their program.
- Exceptions to any provision within are considered on an individual basis.
Credit Through A “Challenge Examination”
An applicant with the appropriate amount of industry experience may be qualified for waiver of Platt College courses. Requests for waivers will be evaluated based on a review of documented work experience and successful completion of appropriate tests.
The following criteria must be met for an applicant requesting a waiver:
- Submit a resume detailing a minimum of two (2) years of industry experience.
- Submit a minimum of two (2) letters of professional reference.
- Depending upon the course the applicant wishes to waive, a professional portfolio must be submitted and reviewed by the Dean of Academics, or designee.
- Complete and pass with a grade of 3.5 or above (B+ or above), the final examination for the course the applicant wishes to waive.
A grade of TC will appear on the student’s transcript once the waiver of the course is approved.
Application for waiver of Platt College courses through a “challenge examination” must be submitted to the Dean of Academics or designee, within the first thirty (30) days of the student’s start date in their chosen program.
Maximum Number of Transfer Credits Allowed
The number of Platt College credits waived through the transfer of college course credits from previously attended schools or through “challenge examinations” cannot amount to more than fifty-percent (50%) of the student’s program. Exceptions to any provision above may be considered on an individual basis.