When reviewing transcripts to identify transferability of credits into Platt College degree programs, the following conditions must be met:
- The courses were completed at an accredited college or university.
- The courses were completed within the previous 8 years.
- For the Vocational Nursing Program, all courses completed within the previous 5 years, with a grade of “C” or better are eligible for consideration.
- The courses are equivalent in content and number of credit hours to those offered by Platt College.
- The courses considered for transfer are at the appropriate college year.
- Freshman or sophomore year courses may be considered for waiver of Platt College Associate Degree level courses, only.
- Junior or senior level courses may be considered for waiver of Platt College Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree level courses.
- At no time may one transferred course be used to waive more than one Platt College course.
- The student achieved a minimum grade of “C” or 2.0 for the courses considered for transfer.
- To be accepted as waiver of Platt College courses, a student must submit official transcripts for transfer credit consideration.
- Without receipt of official transcripts, Platt College will not issue Transfer Credit for any of its courses.
- Students wishing to transfer credits into Platt College for any program must deliver an official transcript to the Dean of Academics, or designee, within the first thirty (30) days from the day they start their program.
- Students MUST not attend or be scheduled for any class or classes that they are requesting a transfer credit. Once attendance has been posted a TC credit CANNOT be applied.
- Exceptions to any provision within are considered on an individual basis
Transfer Credits are not calculated into the student’s grade point average.
An applicant with the appropriate amount of industry experience may be qualified for waiver of Platt College courses. Requests for waivers will be evaluated based on a review of documented work experience and successful completion of appropriate tests.
The following criteria must be met for an applicant requesting a waiver:
- Submit a resume detailing a minimum of two (2) years of industry experience.
Submit a minimum of two (2) letters of professional reference.
Depending upon the course the applicant wishes to waive, a professional portfolio must be submitted and reviewed by the Dean of Academics, or designee.
Complete and pass with a grade of 3.7 or above (A- or above), the final examination for the course the applicant wishes to waive.
A grade of TC will appear on the student’s transcript once the waiver of the course through Experiential Learning is approved.
Application for waiver of Platt College courses through Experiential Learning must be submitted to the Dean of Academics or designee, within the first thirty (30) days of the student’s start date in their chosen program.
The number of Platt College credits waived through the transfer of college course credits from previously attended schools or through Experiential Learning cannot amount to more than fifty percent (50%) of the student’s program. Exceptions to any provision above may be considered on an individual basis with the Academic Dean, Campus President and Director of Student and Academic Affairs.
The transferability of credits you earn at Platt College is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree, diploma or certificate that you earn in your program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the degree, diploma or certificate that you earn at this institution is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Platt College to determine if your credits, degree, diploma or certificate will transfer.