Platt College’s Information Technology Associates Degree helps you build the skills you need to start an exciting new career.
Earn your Associates Degree in Information Technology in as little as 15 months!
- Hands on training
- Convenient class schedules
- Full-time on-site career services
- Financial aid is available to qualified students
Overview & Accreditation
Platt College’s Information Technology program is intended to provide useful job skills for graduates seeking an entry-level position in technology infrastructure design, implementation, support, or maintenance.
Platt College’s Information Technology program curriculum combines classroom learning with opportunities to apply theory to common real-world situations through group projects and case studies. Emphasis is also placed on developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the communication of technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Platt College’s curriculum is focused on two main areas: personal computer fundamentals and networks. It’s designed to provide graduates with a solid grasp of information technology fundamentals as well as preparing them to contribute immediately in technical tasks such as: personal computer setup, maintenance, administration, and repair, and network implementation, administration, daily operations, security, and programming.
Areas covered include:
- Learning personal computer fundamentals
- Studying hardware, software, security, and implementation of networks
- Installing and maintaining industry-relevant operating systems such as Linux and Microsoft Systems
- Maintaining server environments, daily operations, security and programming
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
Graduates of the program are awarded an Associate’s of Science degree in Information Technology
GRADUATION FROM THE PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY INTO ANY CAREER. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON AN INDIVIDUAL’S PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Platt College Los Angeles LLC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information, click HERE
You can earn your Associate’s Degree in Information Technology in as little as 15 months!
Start times for each IT cohort vary by campus, contact us for details HERE
Platt College is committed to providing the information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success. Types of financial aid available for qualified students include:
- Federal Grants, including Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Work Study (FWS)
- California State Grant Programs, including Cal Grants and California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
- Federal Direct loans
- Private Loans & Scholarships
To learn more, click here: https://plattcollege.edu/financial-aid/
Platt College maintains an active career services department to assist graduates as well as current students seeking part-time or full-time jobs while attending school. However, the school cannot guarantee employment.
Students are given the opportunity to pursue job referrals maintained by Career Services.
Our Career Services personnel explain and assist with our student’s job search process. Placement efforts occur through graduation and beyond.
Career Services aims to build the job acquiring skills of our students through interviews and workshops in the following areas:
- Career planning
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Completing applications
- Researching and contacting potential employers