Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid Program
Earn your Associate’s degree in as little as 15-months!
Platt College’s Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field.
- Program is taught through a combination of predetermined online and on-ground courses
- Full-time on-site career services
- Financial aid is available to qualified students
Overview & Accreditation
The Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid Program at Platt College provides the knowledge and skills that will help you pursue opportunities to work in a physician’s office, outpatient clinic, or other clinical care setting.
Medical Administrative Specialists conduct the administrative procedures that are essential to running medical offices, outpatient clinics, hospitals, and other health care facilities.
A typical day for a Medical Administrative Specialist might include: medical billing and coding, patient scheduling, scribing, patient scheduling and other vital office functions.
Graduates are eligible to sit for their exam to receive their certification in Medical Administrative Specialist – graduates also receive a free tutoring session and first exam fee (up to $200 value!)
- Program will be taught through a combination of online and on-campus courses.
- All program courses have been predetermined to be either online or on-ground
Medical Administrative Specialist program prepares graduates for entry-level employment in the healthcare industry.
Employment opportunities open to graduates include, but are not limited to, ambulatory settings such as medical offices, clinics, nursing homes, medical supply companies, home health agencies, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies.
Skills learned in the program include:
- Medical billing and coding, including DRG coding and billing for hospitals, managed care and private plans, state and government plans
- Patient scheduling
- Medical transcription
- Office finance, including accounts payable and office bookkeeping
- Computer skills
GRADUATION FROM THE PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY INTO ANY CAREER. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON AN INDIVIDUAL’S PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Platt College Los Angeles LLC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information, click HERE
You can earn your Associate’s degree in Medical Administrative Specialist in as little as 15-months!
Start times for each Medical Administrative Specialist cohort vary by campus, contact us for details HERE
Platt College is committed to providing the information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success. Types of financial aid available for qualified students include:
- Federal Grants, including Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Work Study (FWS)
- California State Grant Programs, including Cal Grants and California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
- Federal Direct loans
- Private Loans & Scholarships
To learn more, click here: http://u68.9b7.myftpupload.com/financial-aid/
Platt College maintains an active career services department to assist graduates as well as current students seeking part-time or full-time jobs while attending school. However, the school cannot guarantee employment.
Students are given the opportunity to pursue job referrals maintained by Career Services.
Our Career Services personnel explain and assist with our student’s job search process. Placement efforts occur through graduation and beyond.
Career Services aims to build the job acquiring skills of our students through interviews and workshops in the following areas:
- Career planning
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Completing applications
- Researching and contacting potential employers