In a typical day as a Medical Assistant, you might:
- Take and read vital signs
- Perform venipuncture (blood draw)
- Administer injections
- Prepare patients to be seen by a physician
- Perform diagnostic procedures
- Perform basic lab procedures
- Update and maintain patient charts and medical records
- Take patient histories
- Schedule appointments
- Assist in cast application and removal
What Our Graduates Say
Coming to Platt was important to me because it has helped me attain the necessary skills and experience I needed to be more marketable in the medical field.
What I liked best about attending Platt was the small class sizes. The instructors are able to give each student the attention needed to succeed. Every instructor I had at Platt was helpful and very understanding about the demands put on students in accelerated classes. I enjoyed attending Platt.