Platt College’s Medical Assisting program prepares graduates for entry-level employment in the healthcare industry as a Medical Assistant.
Earn your Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in as little as 15 months!
- Graduates are eligible to sit for their exam to receive their certification in Medical Assisting – graduates also receive a free tutoring session and first exam fee (up to $200 value!)
- Graduates receive both their First Aid Card and CPR Card
- Convenient class schedules
- Full-time on-site career services
- Financial aid is available to qualified students
Overview & Accreditation
Platt College’s Medical Assisting program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field.
Medical Assistants are multi-talented Health Care industry professionals who are skilled in performing routine clinical procedures for physician’s offices, outpatient clinics and other health care facilities. Some of these clinical skills include venipuncture, injections, physical therapy, and electrocardiography among others.
Graduates also complete clinical externships to gain practical experience.
Graduates are eligible to sit for their exam to receive their certification in Medical Assisting – graduates also receive a free tutoring session and first exam fee (up to $200 value!)
Employment opportunities open to the graduates of the Medical Assisting programs include:
- Medical Assistant
- Podiatric Medical Assistant
- Ophthalmic Medical Assistant.
Industries that will be interested in these graduates include, but are not limited to, ambulatory settings such as:
- Medical offices
- Clinics and hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Home health agencies
In a typical day as a Medical Assistant, you might:
- Take and read vital signs
- Perform venipuncture (blood draw)
- Administer injections
- Prepare patients to be seen by a physician
- Perform diagnostic procedures
- Perform basic lab procedures
- Update and maintain patient charts and medical records
- Take patient histories
- Schedule appointments
- Assist in cast application and removal
GRADUATION FROM THE PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY INTO ANY CAREER. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON AN INDIVIDUAL’S PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Platt College Los Angeles LLC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information, click HERE
You can earn your Associate’s Degree in Medical Assisting in as little as 15 months!
Start times for each MA cohort vary by campus, contact us for details HERE
Platt College is committed to providing the information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success.. Types of financial aid available for qualified students include:
- Federal Grants, including Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Work Study (FWS)
- California State Grant Programs, including Cal Grants and California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
- Federal Direct loans
- Private Loans & Scholarships
To learn more, click here: https://plattcollege.edu/financial-aid/
Platt College maintains an active career services department to assist graduates as well as current students seeking part-time or full-time jobs while attending school. However, the school cannot guarantee employment.
Students are given the opportunity to pursue job referrals maintained by Career Services.
Our Career Services personnel explain and assist with our student’s job search process. Placement efforts occur through graduation and beyond.
Career Services aims to build the job acquiring skills of our students through interviews and workshops in the following areas:
- Career planning
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Completing applications
- Researching and contacting potential employers
Our Other Programs
Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid Program
Platt College’s Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field.Learn More
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Platt College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue careers in Sonography, a dynamic specialty…Learn More
The Veterinary Technology Program at the Platt School of Medical Sciences is specifically designed to provide in-depth study and training…Learn More
Occupational Therapy Assistant
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program at Platt College is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level employment in their chosen…Learn More