The Veterinary Technology Alternate Route Distance Education program at Platt College is designed for Veterinary Assistants who are pursuing their RVT credential via the Alternate Route specified by the California Veterinary Medical Board (VMB).
Our curriculum meets all CA VMB Alternate Route continuing education requirements. Additional requirements apply, contact the CA VMB for details.
More about the VT- Alternate Route Program
- Delivered through a modern Learning Management System
- Taught by RVT credentialed faculty.
- Typically takes students approximately 6 months to complete
- Several payment options available
* The Alternate Route also requires at least 4416 hours of practical experience under a California-licensed veterinarian. Please note that the CA VMB eligibility requirements are subject to change at any time and without notice. Platt College does not control the requirements of the CA VMB. Applicants are responsible for verifying their eligibility for the RVT examination.
The Veterinary Technology Alternate Route program at Platt College is not Title IV eligible