Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate
Earn your Certificate in Certified Nurse Assistant in as little as 2 months via full-time or in 3-months via part-time Program! Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) are vital to the daily operations in hospitals and nursing care facilities.
The Certified Nurse Assistant program provides the initial steps for entering the healthcare field. Our faculty will assist each individual in their educational efforts towards becoming a CNA.
Certified Nurse Assistants are on the front lines of patient care, work under the supervision of a nurse to help patients with daily living tasks, assist with medical equipment, and check patient vital signs.
CNAs give patients important social and emotional support and also provide vital information on patient conditions to nurses.
The intent of the Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate program is to provide an enriched learning opportunity that will prepare the student for entry-level employment in the health/home care setting. Students in the Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate program will graduate with a professional knowledge, skills, and practical experience in Certified Nurse Assistant acquired during their studies at Platt College. Graduates of the Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate program will be ready for sit for their CNA license exam.
Eligibility for Certification Examination
The Certified Nurse Assistant program at Platt College is approved by the California Department of Public Health. Graduates are eligible to sit for a CA state-approved CNA certification examination.
The Certified Nurse Assistant program at Platt College is not Title IV eligible
• To equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to assume the role and responsibility required in long-term care as a Certified Nurse Assistant;
• To train students in effective communication, infection control, safety, resident’s rights and basic nursing skills through lecture, lab and clinical practice;
• To prepare students to take the Certified Nursing Assistant Board Exam and be licensed as a Certified Nurse Assistant; and
• To prepare students to gain employment as a licensed CNA.
• A certificate of completion is awarded to students who successfully complete the course. The graduates will also be prepared to sit for their State Certification Exam.
Except as expressly provided in California Education Code Section 94898, Platt College reserves the right to modify policies, course schedules, curricula or courses within reason due to exigent circumstances, program upgrades and/or content changes, and to cancel programs of study, modes of delivery, upcoming start dates or individual courses as it deems necessary. If a course or program is canceled, the school may schedule course completion at a later date or refund all monies paid for the canceled course or program if the student does not wish to continue with the program at the later date. All Platt College programs are not available at all locations, please see an Admissions Representative for more information on specific enrollment information.