Health & Fitness Trainer
Earn your Associate’s degree in Health & Fitness Trainer in as a little as 15 months!
Health & Fitness professionals provide the guidance to help clients achieve their personal health, fitness and performance goals via the implementation of exercise programs, nutritional recommendations and suggestions in lifestyle modification. To achieve this, they perform individualized assessments, and design safe, effective and individualized exercise and conditioning programs.
The mission of Platt College’s Health & Fitness and Exercise Science program is to train students in the skills needed to pass their examinations for the fitness certification program, Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and gain entry-level employment in the Health & Fitness field.
Health & Fitness Trainers typically do the following:
- Demonstrate how to perform various exercises and routines
- Watch clients do exercises
- Demonstrate or explain correct exercise techniques to minimize injuries and improve fitness
- Provide alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues
- Give emergency first aid if needed
As businesses, government, and insurance organizations continue to recognize the benefits of health and fitness programs for their employees, incentives to join gyms or other types of health clubs are expected to increase the need for fitness trainers and instructors.
- Provide the student with the theory, skills, and clinical exposure to successfully sit for a nationally accredited personal trainer certification
- Prepare the student to gain entry-level employment as a health & fitness trainer at a fitness training facility
- Provide the student with the skills necessary to assist fitness clients in improving their health & fitness and improve fitness performance through personal training programs, including exercise routines, corrective exercise, and nutrition.
Upon successful completion of Platt College’s Health & Fitness and Exercise Science programs, you can expect to qualify for entry-level positions and may obtain employment
• Health Clubs
• Fitness Centers
• Recreation Centers
• Yoga and Pilates Studios
• In-Home Personal Training
Except as expressly provided in California Education Code Section 94898, Platt College reserves the right to modify policies, course schedules, curricula or courses within reason due to exigent circumstances, program upgrades and/or content changes, and to cancel programs of study, modes of delivery, upcoming start dates or individual courses as it deems necessary. If a course or program is canceled, the school may schedule course completion at a later date or refund all monies paid for the canceled course or program if the student does not wish to continue with the program at the later date. All Platt College programs are not available at all locations, please see an Admissions Representative for more information on specific enrollment information.
Platt College Los Angeles is accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), recognized by the US Department of Education to accredit institutions of higher education across the United States. The primary purpose of ACCSC and other accrediting agencies is to establish and maintain high educational standards and ethical business practices among its accredited institutions.
For more than 40 years, ACCSC has been at the forefront of establishing and advancing quality education at private, postsecondary career schools and colleges. ACCSC, recognized by the United States Department of Education as a private, non-profit, independent accrediting agency, is dedicated to ensuring a quality education for more than 250,000 students who annually pursue career education at 800 accredited institutions. ACCSC’s mission is to serve as a reliable authority on educational quality and to promote enhanced opportunities for students by establishing, sustaining, and enforcing valid standards and practices which contribute to the development of a highly trained and competitive workforce through quality career oriented education.
Our Popular Programs
Platt College: Accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program at Platt College is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level employment in their chosen…Learn More
The Veterinary Technology Program at the Platt School of Medical Sciences is specifically designed to provide in-depth study and training…Learn More
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree Program
Earn your Associate’s Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) in as little as 18-months! Or your Bachelor’s Degree in as…Learn More
Medical Administrative Specialist
Platt College’s Medical Administrative Specialist Hybrid program prepares you to enter the fast-growing health care field. You can earn your…Learn More