Health & Fitness Trainer
Earn your Associate’s degree in Health & Fitness Trainer in as a little as 15 months!
Health & Fitness professionals provide the guidance to help clients achieve their personal health, fitness and performance goals via the implementation of exercise programs, nutritional recommendations and suggestions in lifestyle modification. To achieve this, they perform individualized assessments, and design safe, effective and individualized exercise and conditioning programs.
The mission of Platt College’s Health & Fitness and Exercise Science program is to train students in the skills needed to pass their examinations for the fitness certification program, Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and gain entry-level employment in the Health & Fitness field.
Health & Fitness Trainers typically do the following:
- Demonstrate how to perform various exercises and routines
- Watch clients do exercises
- Demonstrate or explain correct exercise techniques to minimize injuries and improve fitness
- Provide alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues
- Give emergency first aid if needed
As businesses, government, and insurance organizations continue to recognize the benefits of health and fitness programs for their employees, incentives to join gyms or other types of health clubs are expected to increase the need for fitness trainers and instructors.
- Provide the student with the theory, skills, and clinical exposure to successfully sit for a nationally accredited personal trainer certification
- Prepare the student to gain entry-level employment as a health & fitness trainer at a fitness training facility
- Provide the student with the skills necessary to assist fitness clients in improving their health & fitness and improve fitness performance through personal training programs, including exercise routines, corrective exercise, and nutrition.
Upon successful completion of Platt College’s Health & Fitness and Exercise Science programs, you can expect to qualify for entry-level positions and may obtain employment
• Health Clubs
• Fitness Centers
• Recreation Centers
• Yoga and Pilates Studios
• In-Home Personal Training
Except as expressly provided in California Education Code Section 94898, Platt College reserves the right to modify policies, course schedules, curricula or courses within reason due to exigent circumstances, program upgrades and/or content changes, and to cancel programs of study, modes of delivery, upcoming start dates or individual courses as it deems necessary. If a course or program is canceled, the school may schedule course completion at a later date or refund all monies paid for the canceled course or program if the student does not wish to continue with the program at the later date. All Platt College programs are not available at all locations, please see an Admissions Representative for more information on specific enrollment information.
Our Popular Programs
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program at Platt College is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level employment in their chosen…Learn More